THE Masked singer has got everyone talking, and there is one act in particular that has made a real splash.
Who is Piranha on The Masked Singer?
Hailed by the judges as one of the “best singers of the series”, Piranha as become a viewer favourite on The Masked Singer.
His fishy tale has got everyone guessing, with fans convinced they know who underneath the elaborate costume.
The motion (of being underwater) makes me a little sick
So far, Piranha has managed to keep their identity a secret.
He has delivered some great performances since making his debut in week two, when he belted out a stunning rendition of Celine Dion‘s It’s All Coming Back To Me Now.
More on The Masked Singer
What are the Piranha clues?
Since they first appeared on The Masked Singer in week two, Piranha has been dropping lots of clues as to they could be.
The main clues so far are:
- “The motion (of being underwater) makes me a little sick”
- A map highlighting Scotland, Ireland, and Wales.
- Brazilian Portuguese English dictionary, a sketchbook, a guidebook to fish in the Amazon.
- They were ‘terrified’ of the panel hearing them sing.
- “Piranhas are hungry, piranhas do bite, but I’d rather munch popcorn on this special night.”
- “It’s pretty scary being underwater, other piranha’s snapping at you.”
- They had a connection to the Royal Albert Hall and also the Brit Awards
- “It must be a world record. The others ha-ha at this piranha. I’ve got to get myself into gear and show I’m a different…kettle of…fish. Whoa! What was that?”
- A fortune teller with the words “puzzling” and mysterious”.
- A stop and go sign and a magpie.
Who do the judges think Piranha could be?
So far Piranha has left the judging panel baffled, but they have been enthralled by his performances.
Jonathan joked that it could be American actor Steven Seagal due to Piranha’s pronunciation of “Seagull”, but admitted he had no idea.
Rita said Piranha was one of the best vocalists they had on the show, and wondered if it was jazz-pop singer Jamie Cullum.
Who do The Masked Singer fans think Piranha is?
Most of The Masked Singer viewers think Piranha is Danny Jones from McFly.
They say he was “rumbled” thanks to clues about his wife being a former Miss England winner (the map without England on it), McFly’s album Motion in the Ocean, and him singing a Michael Bolton in reference to Danny being from Bolton,
Writing on social media, one fan said: “Piranha = Danny Jones from Mcfly (sounds like him and also does that Mcfly jump at the end!)”
Another tweeted: “Danny’s voice is easy to point out and I can hear his Bolton accent when piranha speaks.”
Someone else wrote: “If Danny Jones isn’t Piranha, I’ll chuck all my McFly CDs away… you can’t deny that voice!”
And a fourth added: “I would know that voice anywhere!!”
However, earlier in the competition, fans were convinced Piranha was Zayn Malik.
One wrote: “I dunno why I hear Zayn Malik.”
Another said: “I really believe that its Zayn Malik.”
While this one tweeted: “I’m convinced this is Zayn.”