Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Jake Paul says either he or Mike Tyson, 57, 'HAS TO DIE' in controversial fight

0

JAKE PAUL has sensationally claimed that either he or Mike Tyson “has to DIE” in their upcoming showdown.

The YouTuber-turned-boxer will welcome the former undisputed heavyweight champion back to the ring in a controversial Texas tussle on July 20.

Jake Paul will throw down with boxing legend Mike Tyson on July 20

3

Jake Paul will throw down with boxing legend Mike Tyson on July 20Credit: INSTAGRAM@MIKETYSON
The pair's controversial clash will be aired live on Netflix

3

The pair’s controversial clash will be aired live on NetflixCredit: NETFLIX
Problem Child Paul has claimed either he or Tyson 'has to die' in their Texas tussle

3

Problem Child Paul has claimed either he or Tyson ‘has to die’ in their Texas tussleCredit: GETTY

Tyson will be 31 YEARS Paul’s senior on fight night and boxing fans are concerned for his safety ahead of the Dallas dust-up.

But Paul insists he won’t be pulling any punches, saying: “It’s war. All is fair in love and war.

“I love the guy, but as soon as it turned into a pro fight, one of us has to die.

“He’s taking this very, very seriously and that’s what’s going to make the fight amazing for all the fans.”

Paul, 27, claims Iron Mike – who looked a shell of himself in his 2020 ring return against Roy Jones Jr – will be at an advantage when they trade heavy leather.

The Problem Child said: “I’m moving up to the heavyweight division so he’s going to have some advantages but that’s what’s going to make this fight exciting.

“We both have one-punch knockout power. This is what he was destined to do and what he was born for.”

The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation sensationally greenlit the fight to be a professional bout last month.

BEST FREE BET SIGN UP OFFERS FOR UK BOOKMAKERS

Credit: The Sun

And according to Paul, it was at the request of fan favourite Tyson.

The former Disney star said: “He was the one who wanted it to be a pro-fight.

The Sun’s Wally Downes Jr and Chisanga Malata discuss the rise of influencer boxing and Mike Tyson’s bout with Jake Paul

“We were figuring out the rules and Mike said, ‘I want it to be a pro fight.

“‘I want to end this kid and stop everything he’s doing.’

“So I agreed to make it a pro fight and it’s as real as it gets.”

He added: “I just want to make it clear that Mike Tyson is the one who wanted it to be a professional fight.

“I said to Nakisa [Bidarian] if that is what Mike wants that is fine, but make sure you tell Mike there is no holding back.

“Whatever happens now happens and this is war now.

“If he puts me down I can deal with that, but if I put him down, he needs to be the one making the decision on whether or not he can deal with it.”

Paul hasn’t set foot in the ring since his brutal first-round KO of journeyman Ryan Bourland last December.

Tyson, meanwhile, last stepped in the ring in November 2020 for a COVID clash with fellow great Jones Jr, which ended in a bizarre draw.

Mike Tyson’s controversial comeback

Mike Tyson is BACK!

Yes, boxing’s youngest heavyweight champ of all time – just 20 when he achieved the feat – is preparing to lace them up again.

He faces YouTuber-turned-boxer Jake Paul on July 20 in Texas.

The controversial clash – set for the 80,000-seat AT&T Stadium in Dallas – has been scrutinised over the 30-year age gap.

Tyson will be 58 by the time the fight for the ages comes around and nearly 20 years removed from his last professional contest.

He was last seen in the ring in November 2020 for an exhibition with fellow legend Roy Jones Jr, which ended a draw after eight rounds.

Paul is meanwhile 9-1 in the ring, losing only to Tommy Fury in 2023, and has won three times since.

His fight with Tyson will also be a landmark first on Netflix, with over 250MILLION subscribers able to watch the bout.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.