Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships, so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services.
We’re ready to step up our outfit game this holiday season, which means it’s time to get our looks in order before we run out of time. In the same boat? Whether you’re looking for a Thanksgiving ensemble or planning ahead for December, we’ve got you covered.
A chic dress or skirt are always our go-to picks, and we’ve found so many different options that you’ll love as much as we do. Check out our picks below!
Our absolute favourite: This dress really has everything you could want from a holiday look! Crafted from velvet, it’s sultry yet modest enough for a family gathering – and it’s flattering too. The dress also comes in a number of shades too dreamy for the holiday season – our top pick is the burgundy version!
More mini dresses we love:
Midi and maxi dresses
Our absolute favourite: We’re totally obsessed with slinky slip dresses like this one, which will flatter a wide variety of body types! Which totally sells U.S on this particular dress is the neckline. So tight!
More midi and maxi dresses we love:
- Make a stylish statement in this one-shoulder Zalalus dress, which also features a pretty cutout – $39 at Amazon!
- Wearing a loose sweater dress, like this cable-knit version, will have you feeling comfortable and ready to dig in style — $119 at Nordstrom!
- The square neckline and puff sleeves of this Charles David sweater dress really make it a special look – $89 at Nordstrom!
- This Dress the Population midi is so sleek and elegant, and we love the flutter detail on the one-shoulder style – $148 at Nordstrom!
- Boho dresses that use fall colors, like this maxi from Madewell, are excellent for the season — especially if you’re looking for a Thanksgiving outfit — originally $118, now $71 at Nordstrom!
- We love the way this Eliza J dress takes the classic tuxedo and turns it into a feminine look – $168 at Nordstrom!
Our absolute favourite: This faux suede skirt isn’t just great for the holidays – it’s a sturdy staple that we can all wear all year round! We love the warmer feel of this particular material, and paired with the right cozy sweater, this skirt is the best base for a festive outfit.
More mini skirts you’ll love:
Midi and maxi skirts
Our absolute favourite: We know this skirt is simple, but that’s what makes it such a great piece to style and make your own! It’s made from a knit material that’s cozy and stretchy, so you’ll feel relaxed when you wear it. Moreover, you can create a more casual look or spice it up with different tops!
More midi and maxi dresses we love:
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for? Check out these related product articles below:
See more of our picks and deals here!
This post is brought to you by the Shop With Us team at Us Weekly. The Shop With Us team strives to highlight products and services that our readers may find interesting and useful, such as outfits for wedding guests, purses, plus size bathing suits, women’s sneakers, bridal shapewear and perfect gift ideas for everyone in your to live. However, the selection of products and services is in no way intended as an endorsement by Us Weekly or any celebrity mentioned in the post.
The Shop With Us team may receive free products from manufacturers for testing. In addition, Us Weekly receives compensation from the manufacturer of the products we write about when you click on a link and then purchase the product featured in an article. This does not affect our decision as to whether or not a product or service is featured or recommended. Shop With Us operates independently of the advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback at ShopWithUs@usmagazine.com. Happy shopping!