Man dies of severe burns after risk-reduction burn goes horribly wrong
- Property owner dies in planned fire that goes wrong
- Forbes man set his paddock on fire and got stuck
An elderly man has died of severe burns after a risk mitigation burn went horribly wrong.
The 75-year-old man died of severe burns after becoming trapped in one of his paddocks in Forbes, NSW’s Central West region, at 11:30am on Saturday.
The man had started the fire with the help of the NSW Rural Fire Service and family members.
An elderly property owner has died when a burn-off to reduce risk went tragically wrong
Emergency services rushed to The Bogan Way in Forbes at around 11:30 a.m. after receiving the emergency call. The man was airlifted to Sydney, but died there Saturday night
Emergency services rushed to his property along The Bogan Way after receiving the distress call.
Ambulance personnel and members of the national fire service treated him at the scene.
He was airlifted to the Royal North Shore Hospital in Sydney, where he died Saturday night.
Although a crime scene has been established at the property, the circumstances are not believed to be suspicious.
But a Central West Police forensic team is investigating and a report will be prepared for the coroner.