Woman and two children hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning after their car was left in the garage overnight
- A woman and children have been hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning
- Smoke from a car idling in an attached garage caused a concussion to the residents of the house
- The woman, in her thirties, and two children were found unconscious on the ground
A woman and two children have been hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning after a car sat in their garage overnight.
Emergency services rushed to a home in Maylands, Perth, where they found the trio unconscious on the ground at 8:30 a.m. Friday.
Paramedics treated the woman, reportedly in her thirties, and the two children, a teenager and a child, at the home before being rushed to hospital.
An investigation by the fire brigade showed that there was a high gas level in the parental home.
A woman from Western Australia and two children are in hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning. Fire department tests showed their house was full of gas after a car stalled in the garage (above, an ambulance vehicle from Perth)
The woman and children were found at an address on East Street, Maylands in Perth (above)
A spokesman for the fire service and emergency services confirmed that an idling car in the garage caused the high values and the poisoning.
The woman is now being treated at Fiona Stanley Hospital with the children at Perth Children’s Hospital.
Local newspaper the West Australian reported that firefighters ventilated the house with fans to reduce the amount of chemicals in the house to safe levels.
Police are currently still investigating the cause of the poisoning, a spokeswoman confirmed.