Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

- Advertisement -

Serving Met police officer secretly used his mobile phone to film people in the recreation center

Serving Met police officer secretly used his mobile phone to film people using recreation center showers and changing rooms

  • Andrew Adams has resigned after being convicted of voyeurism
  • The Met said he would have been fired had he not already resigned
  • Adams placed the phone against a door that led to a shower and changing room

<!–

<!–

<!– <!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

A serving Metropolitan Police officer secretly filmed the shower and changing rooms of a leisure center in Essex.

Andrew Adams has resigned after being convicted of voyeurism.

The Met said he would have been fired had he not already resigned.

A misconduct hearing on Wednesday heard that disgraced former Officer Adams, who was attached to the Met’s Specialist Crime Command, was found guilty on September 21 following a trial at Chelmsford Crown Court.

A serving Metropolitan Police officer secretly filmed the shower and changing rooms of an Essex leisure center

While in the changing area, Adams placed his cell phone against a door that opened onto a shower and changing area and from which he could record all adults using the facility.

He was charged in January 2021 following an investigation by Essex Police, and resigned from the Met on 31 May that year.

At Chelmsford Crown Court, Adams was ordered to pay £3,500 prosecution costs, £750 punitive damages and 150 hours of unpaid community work to be completed within nine months.

After hearing all the evidence, a misconduct panel found Wednesday that Adams would have been fired without notice if he was still employed.

Detective Chief Superintendent Steve Ellen, of Specialist Crime, said: ‘The actions of former PC Adams were criminal and it is right that he no longer works for the Met.

“As the Commissioner has said, integrity is the basis of police work. People rightly expect us to maintain the highest standards.

“We don’t let those who show criminal behavior stay in the organization.”

Ex-PC Adams will now be added to the College of Policing’s Banned List.

Commissioner Sir Mark Rowley has previously vowed to improve the Met after a series of scandals that plagued the force under his predecessor

Commissioner Sir Mark Rowley has previously vowed to improve the Met after a series of scandals that plagued the force under his predecessor

Commissioner Sir Mark Rowley has previously vowed to improve the Met after a series of scandals that plagued the force under his predecessor

Those on the list cannot be employed by the police, local police agencies (PCCs), the Independent Office for Police Conduct or Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire and Rescue.

It comes after it came to light last month that hundreds of Scotland Yard officers are still on duty despite allegations of assault, domestic violence, corruption and fraud, among others.

Some are getting away with sexual misconduct, “systemic racism” and misogyny, thanks to an “anything goes” attitude in Britain’s largest military force.

Commissioner Sir Mark Rowley said the officers involved ‘undermined our integrity’ and should be sacked.

The scandals that turned the power of the capital upside down

OPERATION MIDDLELAND

In 2014, the infamous investigation was approved by Dame Cressida Dick, then a senior officer at Scotland Yard.

In the disastrous investigation into false allegations of child sexual abuse by VIPs, innocent men, including the late Lord Brittan and former Tory MP Harvey Proctor, were pursued by police.

Several men died, their reputations tarnished, before the charges were refuted.

NICOLE SMALLMAN AND BIBAA HENRY MURDER

In June 2020, two officers were tasked with guarding a crime scene where sisters Nicole Smallman, 27, and Bibaa Henry, 46, had been stabbed to death.

Officers Deniz Jaffer, 47, and Jamie Lewis, 33, took photos at the scene at Wembley and then shared them in two WhatsApp groups. They each received two years and nine months in prison last December.

SARAH EVERARD MURDER

In March last year, 33-year-old marketing executive Sarah Everard was kidnapped, raped and murdered by duty officer Wayne Couzens. The Corps officers were charged with ‘mistreatment’ of women at a Clapham Common vigil held ten days after her disappearance.

DANIEL MORGAN RESEARCH

In June last year, a report into the unsolved 1987 murder of private investigator Daniel Morgan accused the Metropolitan Police of ‘institutional corruption’.

STEPHEN PORT RESEARCH

An investigative jury ruled in December that yard detective failures contributed to the deaths of the three latest serial killer victims. Stephen Port killed four men in their 20s by giving them an overdose of the date-rape drug GHB at his East London home in 2014 and 2015. The judicial inquiry found that the police had not carried out basic checks. A lawyer for the families said the Met’s actions were motivated in part by homophobia. The Independent Bureau of Police Conduct will re-examine the force’s handling of the case.

CHARING CROSS SCANDAL

In February, the IOPC exposed the behavior of officers at Charing Cross Police Station who joked about rape, killing black children and beating their wives.

BIANCA WILLEMS

Five officers face a serious misconduct hearing over their 2020 arrest and search of Team GB sprinter Bianca Williams. She and her partner were apprehended in West London. Nothing illegal was found and the couple, who are black, claim they were racially profiled.

Advertisement

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.