Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

- Advertisement -

Shocking moment when the house is rocked by a HUGE explosion as five people are rushed to hospital

Shocking moment when house is rocked by HUGE explosion as electric motor charged – as five people are rushed to hospital

  • Five people were rushed to hospital after the ‘horrific’ house fire in February
  • The fire department released the images to show the danger of lithium batteries

<!–

<!–

<!– <!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

This is when a house went up in flames just seconds after ‘popping’ noises were heard from the kitchen.

Five people were rushed to hospital following the ‘horrific’ house fire in Illingworth, West Yorkshire, around 1am on February 24.

All victims had suffered smoke inhalation, with one occupant suffering burns to the mouth and trachea. None of the injuries were life-threatening.

The property’s kitchen was badly damaged by the smoke and heat, which also affected other parts of the house, as doors were left open as people escaped from the blaze.

The West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said they released the shocking footage to educate the public about the danger posed by lithium batteries.

In the video, a popping sound can be heard from the ground floor of a house in Illingworth, West Yorkshire

Seconds later, the house is engulfed in a massive inferno that seems to fill the entire room

Seconds later, the house is engulfed in a massive inferno that seems to fill the entire room

Seconds later, the house is engulfed in a massive inferno that seems to fill the entire room

The homeowner is seen running downstairs in the middle of the night after being awakened by the popping sound, caused by the batteries of an electric motorcycle being charged in the house.

The sound indicated that the batteries were failing due to thermal runaway, which is when too much heat is generated in a battery.

Seconds later, the lower floor of the house is engulfed in a massive inferno and the fire alarm goes off.

The fire was captured on video and five people were rushed to hospital with smoke-related injuries

The fire was captured on video and five people were rushed to hospital with smoke-related injuries

The fire was captured on video and five people were rushed to hospital with smoke-related injuries

Watch manager John Cavalier, who is with the fire investigation unit at the agency, said: ‘While lithium battery fires are common, having video showing the violence of the fire’s development is not.

“It is clear from the video that the fire is absolutely horrific – none of us would want this to happen in our homes.”

He added: ‘Because lithium batteries appear in a variety of articles, we are often present at fires involving them. They can be found in cars, bicycles, scooters, laptops, telephones and e-cigarettes, among other things.

“Every other type of fire we treat tends to develop slowly and people can get out quickly.

“However, battery fires are so fierce and spread so quickly that there isn’t much time to escape.”

He warned that lithium batteries should not be charged unattended or stored in hallways and exits.

WM Cavalier also recommended disconnecting chargers when batteries are full.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.